Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy tasty rabbit recipe
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- salt & pepper
- 2 (2 lb) rabbits, cleaned & cut up
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Put the flour, tarragon, salt& pepper in a zip lock bag and mix well.
- Add the rabbit piece by piece, shake well to lightly coat each piece.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add oil.
- Saute the rabbit pieces until golden.
- Remove apprx 1/2 of the butter/oil so your sauce will not have too much grease.
- Add chicken broth.
- Simmer rabbit apprx 60 minutes.
- Cover for half the time uncover the last 30 minutes.
- If you wish you may thicken the sauce with a little flour.
The rabbit was very tastey, but was somewhat tough. I had to add more chicken broth durring simmering. I made gravy to pour over the rabbit from the drippings. It is definitely a keeper. The next time I will simmer covered for 1 hour and uncovered for the 1/2 hour.