While I don't consider this an everyday meal, it's nice to have on a Saturday night with a good bottle of wine and good friends.. I usually serve this with twice baked potatoes and a Ceaser salad. Tip.. Have all the prep work and ingredients ready before starting steaks
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pieces beef tenderloin (about 1 inch thick and 8oz min.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices French baguettes, toasted
- 1In a sauce pan, heat cream to a low simmer.
- 2Crush peppercorns in a coffee grinder.
- 3Mix cornstarch and water together.
- 4Toast French Baguette slices.
- 5Pat steaks dry with a paper towel and dust with garlic powder and crushed peppercorns pressed firmly into steaks.
- 6In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and oil, add steaks and sear to medium rare.
- 7Remove steaks, cover with foil and keep warm.
- 8Remove skillet from heat and slowly pour in brandy and deglaze pan.
- 9Add bouillon, lemon juice, wine and salt. Stir to mix well.
- 10Slowly add cream to pan and mix completely.
- 11Add cornstarch mixture to thicken as desired.
- 12Place steaks on toasted baguette pieces and top with cream sauce.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for R Bs Peppered Steaks With Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 963.2
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 1130.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 18.3 g