Recipe by KitchenHacker
While I don't consider this an everyday meal, it's nice to have on a Saturday night with a good bottle of wine and good friends.. I usually serve this with twice baked potatoes and a Ceaser salad. Tip.. Have all the prep work and ingredients ready before starting steaks
- 2 pieces beef tenderloin (about 1 inch thick and 8oz min.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices French baguettes, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan, heat cream to a low simmer.
- Crush peppercorns in a coffee grinder.
- Mix cornstarch and water together.
- Toast French Baguette slices.
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel and dust with garlic powder and crushed peppercorns pressed firmly into steaks.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and oil, add steaks and sear to medium rare.
- Remove steaks, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Remove skillet from heat and slowly pour in brandy and deglaze pan.
- Add bouillon, lemon juice, wine and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Slowly add cream to pan and mix completely.
- Add cornstarch mixture to thicken as desired.
- Place steaks on toasted baguette pieces and top with cream sauce.