Recipe by mama smurf
This is an old family recipe that I think came from Kraft TV recipe collections when I was a kid...a long time ago. We liked it growing up and my kids loved it when they were growing up and are now fixing it for their kids. We have changed it a little.
Top Review by redwine
Was looking for a "fancy "version of Mac 'N Cheese with Tuna to use with ingredients I had on hand. This fit the bill perfectly and was really tasty. For a quick dinner serve with a cooked green veggie !
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, slices drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare mac and cheese as directed on the package, except using 3/4 cup milk.
- Cook onion, green or red pepper and celery in butter until tender.
- Add to the prepared mac and cheese the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Garnish with pepper rings if desired.