Recipe by foodieforlife2
A healthy alternative for the gluten-allergic, the lazy college-student. It's so simple, you just cannot go wrong with it. Regarding the quinoa: If you plan on making a lot of these salads, it's advisable to cook the quinoa in a big batch and store it in the fridge. It saves a lot of time because before cooking you have to rinse it extremely well to get rid of the bitter coating.
Top Review by rpgaymer
Very good. I had to quadruple the recipe, and it made just the right amount for 4 servings- although I used more chicken. I was surprised that it didn't need much seasoning at all- just a bit of salt and pepper. I also toasted my quinoa for 15 minutes before cooking it to bring out that nice nutty flavor, which really made this dish shine.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in pan, and saute garlic for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the quinoa and cook it up (2 minutes). Then add the tomatoes, spinach leaves and scallion. Keep stirring until the spinach leaves are slightly wilted.
- Turn of the heat immediately, and season lightly with pepper, a pinch of salt and dried basil. Be careful with the salt, because of the feta!
- Serve with the chicken and feta. Enjoy your meal :).