1/1 Photo of Quinoa Salad With Tahini Dressing
Adapted from the article Everyday Gluten-Free in the May 2011 issue of Canadian Living. The fresh mint brings this salad to life.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2.46 ml salt, divided
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml warm water
- 59.14 ml tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml aleppo pepper
- 473.18 ml grape tomatoes, halved (can sub cherry tomatoes)
- 236.59 ml English cucumber, diced
- 158.51 ml parsley, chopped
- 78.07 ml fresh mint, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Cook quinoa according to package directions, using 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let cool.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, tahini, warm water, garlic, cumin, peppers and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3Stir in cooled quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, mint and green onions, stirring to coat quinoa and vegetables with dressing.
- 4This recipe can be refrigerated up to 3 days.
- 5The original recipe called for 1 cup of canned lentils to be added with vegetables and quinoa and doubled the amounts of lemon juice, olive oil and water for the dressing.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Salad With Tahini Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 318.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: