- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, quartered (about 10)
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup shelled dry-roasted pistachios
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin or 2 tablespoons riesling wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the salad, combine water, quinoa, and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Drain the quinoa mixture through a sieve over a bowl, reserving 3 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Combine quinoa mixture, lettuce, and next 8 ingredients (lettuce through black pepper) in a large bowl; set aside.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine reserved 3 tablespoons cooking liquid, lime rind, and remaining ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Pour vinaigrette over quinoa mixture, and toss well to coat.