Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this salad. It tastes best when it chills for several hours or over night.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 small green apple, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Wisk together first 7 ingredients and put aside.
- Cook Quinoa according to package directions.
- Transfer to large bowl and allow to cool. (I speed this up by putting it in the refrigerator).
- Cook Edamame in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add to Quinoa in bowl.
- Add chopped apples, chopped celery and slivered almonds to bowl.
- Re-wisk liquid ingredients and add to Quinoa mixture. Stir well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir again before serving.
Made this salad and doubled the dressing. It was great
This was very good and healthy. I didn't even add the almonds -- didn't have any. Loved the crunch of the apple and celery. I also added a tbsp of dijon mustard. Will make again. Thanks.