Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
Recipe sourced on internet from Mindfood. October 2012. Google how to blanch kale if you're unsure. Basically boil leaves in large pot of water for 3 minutes. Remove with tongs and put immediately into ice cold water to stop the cooking. When cold, remove and pat dry.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (approximately 1 small cup of uncooked quinoa)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup kale, shredded and blanched
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- To make salad dressing, place lemon juice, sugar, mustard, and yoghurt in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually add ¼ cup olive oil and whisk until smooth.
- Place quinoa, walnuts, kale, parsley, onions, and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl; pour dressing over salad; and toss well to combine.