Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe sourced on internet from Mindfood. October 2012. Google how to blanch kale if you're unsure. Basically boil leaves in large pot of water for 3 minutes. Remove with tongs and put immediately into ice cold water to stop the cooking. When cold, remove and pat dry.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (approximately 1 small cup of uncooked quinoa)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup kale, shredded and blanched
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- To make salad dressing, place lemon juice, sugar, mustard, and yoghurt in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually add ¼ cup olive oil and whisk until smooth.
- Place quinoa, walnuts, kale, parsley, onions, and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl; pour dressing over salad; and toss well to combine.