1/5 Photos of Quinoa-Couscous "risotto"
This has the creamy texture of risotto without the constant stirring. Use only ISRAELI couscous, which is larger than regular couscous. (Can usually be found in ethnic section of grocery store)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped (with some of the green part)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup israeli couscous
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat oil in high-sided skillet (with lid) over medium-high heat. Sauté red onion for 2 minutes. Add garlic and green onion and continue sautéing for 1 minute.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients (except almonds, salt and pepper).
- 3Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- 4Remove lid and stir in almonds. Mixture should be "creamy". Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa-Couscous "risotto"
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 9.5 g