Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this up last night; I had a beautiful red cabbage from the farm stand, and a box of quinoa I was dying to use. Great protein, fiber, vitamins, etc, and very little fat. Enjoy!
- Poach large outer leaves of cabbage in boiling water for 2-3 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa in water to which you have added chicken seasoning.
- Set quinoa aside to cool.
- Saute onion, carrot and mushroom in the olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- Mix veggie mixture into quinoa.
- Roll about a quarter cup of the quinoa mixture in each cabbage leaf, by placing mixture at the bottom of the leaf; turn over once, fold sides over, continuing rolling to the end.
- The amount of mixture you use will depend on the size of the cabbage leaves.
- Place rolled leaves into a large sauce pan, place gravy and tomato on top.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn temperature down to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.