I made this up last night; I had a beautiful red cabbage from the farm stand, and a box of quinoa I was dying to use. Great protein, fiber, vitamins, etc, and very little fat. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Poach large outer leaves of cabbage in boiling water for 2-3 minutes to soften.
- 2Meanwhile, cook quinoa in water to which you have added chicken seasoning.
- 3Set quinoa aside to cool.
- 4Saute onion, carrot and mushroom in the olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- 5Mix veggie mixture into quinoa.
- 6Roll about a quarter cup of the quinoa mixture in each cabbage leaf, by placing mixture at the bottom of the leaf; turn over once, fold sides over, continuing rolling to the end.
- 7The amount of mixture you use will depend on the size of the cabbage leaves.
- 8Place rolled leaves into a large sauce pan, place gravy and tomato on top.
- 9Bring to a boil.
- 10Turn temperature down to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 443.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: