Recipe by echo echo
Something I often make for lunch or supper when I'm on the fly and eating alone (though of course if someone else is around I'll make one for them, too--big of me, don't you think?). Sometimes in place of the cheddar or mixed Mexican cheeses, I use shredded pepper jack cheese (Monterey Jack with jalapeno peppers) and omit the chilies.
Top Review by V.A.
I made this exactly as written and it was very yummy! The hubby added jalapenos to his and he was a big fan also! We had these alongside a bowl of tortilla soup and it was a wonderful combination. I loved the way the edges of the pizza got crisp but the center stayed soft. You can bet your boots that we'll have these again, thanks so much for posting your recipe :)
- 1 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (my fave is Jazze22's Wonderful Salsa-Wonderful Salsa)
- 1⁄4 cup canned black beans or 1⁄4 cup cooked black beans
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2% fat is fine) or 1⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies