Recipe by Chocolatl
No oats. Corn flakes may be substituted for the graham crackers, and peaches or pears may be used instead of apples. Adapted from Good Housekeeping's Book of Delectable Desserts.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 graham crackers, crushed fine (1/2 cup crumbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine brown sugar, crumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Place apples in a greased 11"x7" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Spread sugar mixture over top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream.