Recipe by dray128
This is any easy and quick way to prepare fresh zucchini and my husband loves it. i have been making it for so long, I have no idea where I got the recipe
Top Review by mama smurf
I fixed this last night and cut the recipe in half, added some onions and garlic (which I sauteed a little) and I also cut the butter down as suggested. Very easy and delicious. Served it with Meatloaf#15163 and a baked potato. Made for Zaar Cookbook tag game.
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 14 inch rounds
- 3 cups boiling water, enough to cover zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place zucchini in boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Drain into a colander.
- Melt butter over low heat, remove from heat and stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Add zucchini and heat through.
- Put mixture in a casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese. Place under the broiler until cheese is melted and golden brown.