Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is any easy and quick way to prepare fresh zucchini and my husband loves it. i have been making it for so long, I have no idea where I got the recipe
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 14 inch rounds
- 3 cups boiling water, enough to cover zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Place zucchini in boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Drain into a colander.
- Melt butter over low heat, remove from heat and stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Add zucchini and heat through.
- Put mixture in a casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese. Place under the broiler until cheese is melted and golden brown.
I fixed this last night and cut the recipe in half, added some onions and garlic (which I sauteed a little) and I also cut the butter down as suggested. Very easy and delicious. Served it with Meatloaf#15163 and a baked potato. Made for Zaar Cookbook tag game.
Definitely a nice, quick side dish. I think it needs some onion and/or garlic to liven up the flavor, though. I used 2 medium zucchini and cut the amount of butter to 1/4 cup. Even though I cut the butter down, the texture was very watery on the bottom. I'd make this again, but add the onions, garlic and cut down on the liquid somehow. Thanx!
Delicious! My husband raved about it and it was super simple to prepare. I have made it twice already. The second time, I cut the butter to 2 Tbsp and used fat free sour cream and 2% cheese. My husband couldn't tell the difference. Try this recipe even if you don't like zucchini, you'll love it!