1/1 Photo of Quick Vietnamese Fish in Caramel Sauce
Tracy K highly recommends this recipe - and I trust her recommendations. From the July, 2006 edition of 'Delicious' magazine...here for posterity...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 lbs red snapper, skin on, cut into 2 1/4 inch pieces (or other mild white fish, Tracy used catfish, without skin)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Combine soy sauce, brown sugar and fish sauce, set aside.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoons oil in skillet over high heat. When hot, cook fish skin side down 2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Turn and cook one minute, then remove from skillet.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 1/2 Tbsp oil. Add onion, cook 2 minutes or until wilted and just beginning to brown. Add garlic, cook one minute. Add soy sauce mixture, stir well. Return fish to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes, or until sauce is dark and syrupy. Top with lime juice and black pepper.
- 4Serve with steamed rice and vegetables (sauteed greens are good here!).
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Vietnamese Fish in Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.6 mg
- Sodium 2261.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 43.8 g