Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
How can something so simple taste so good? Try it with Rice Casserole #78899.
- 3 lbs skirt steaks, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- Brush the steak with the Worcestershire, and marinate in a pyrex dish for about 15 minutes.
- You can leave on the counter or refrigerate.
- Lightly pat the steaks dry with paper towels, and season well with the salt.
- Heat half of the oil in a nonstick or heavy skillet, over medium-high heat until hot.
- Saute half the steaks (or less so as not to crowd), about 3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare).
- Cook in batches, with additional oil, until all the steaks are done.
- Transfer to platter, loosely cover with foil, and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
Very tasty! I love the crispy surface. I prefer my steaks medium-rare and the 3 minutes per side was in fact perfect. I served with a baked potato and mixed berries. Nice dinner.
Boy, this sure IS simple and good and, SO easy! I used just 1 pound of skirt steak and didn't bother with the pyrex dish. I laid the cut pieces on a sheet of wax paper, drizzled the Worcestershire on them, rubbed it in and let them sit. I forgot to follow the instructions and instead of wiping the steaks dry, I just put them into the pan....the excess Worcestershire ended up carmelizing a bit and we ended up with delicious skirt steak that I served with sauteed mushrooms and french fries. The husband was in Man-Grunt heaven, he loved this meal (and I did too). Thanks LorenLou for this SO simple recipe!!