1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was submitted by my Great Aunt Monette for my Grandmothers cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown meat and onions, stir in rice, salt and pepper.
- 2Remove outer leaves from around cabbage and cut out the hard stalk from the end of the cabbage.
- 3Put cabbage into boiling water, steam cabbage for 10 minutes or until the leaves are softened enough to peel away.
- 4Cool and separate cabbage leaves, gently shake off moisture, and set aside.
- 5Place just enough cabbage leaves on the bottom of your 9" x 13" x 2" baking dish to cover bottom.
- 6Peel off each cabbage leaf separately and place into middle one rounded Tbls. of the meat mixture.
- 7Fold the two ends of the leaf inwards and roll it up into a narrow sausage shape.
- 8Place into bottom of greased 9” x 13” x 2” baking dish.
- 9Heat tomato soup and water until it boils. Pour over all ingredients.
- 10Sprinkle with American or cheddar cheese. Cover with foil & bake for 1-1/2 hrs @ 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Pigs in a Blanket
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.9
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 420.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 19.5 g