Recipe by GaylaJ
A delicious way to add healthy oat bran to your diet. I like the chopped bananas in these, rather than the usual mashed, as I like running across the small bits of banana. This is a recipe from Bon Appetit that I have changed somewhat to suit my taste.
Top Review by peekoos
I love this recipe! These muffins are much more moist than some other bran muffin recipes I have tried. The only changes I made were substituting 1/4 cup applesauce for the oil and half of the flour with whole-wheat flour. They freeze wonderfully, so I will keep a constant supply of these in my freezer . . . I'll just pull one out for each day! Thanks for sharing, GaylaJ.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F; grease 12 (1/3 cup) muffin cups or use muffin liners.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put milk, oil, egg and vanilla in medium bowl and whisk to blend.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined; mix in banana, being careful not to overmix.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into centers of muffins comes out clean.
- Transfer to rack to cool.