Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another Sainsbury's recipe, I found on Jamie Oliver's website, suitable for those occasions when you can plan ahead enough to have the ingredients on hand, but when time is of the essence and you are looking for a shortcut recipe to serving an elegant-looking and delicious tart.
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange juice
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- ready-made pie crust
- 454 g strawberries, washed and sliced
- 2 teaspoons red currant jelly
- 15 ml orange juice
- Stir the orange zest and first lot of orange juice into the creme fraiche.
- Spoon the creme fraiche mixture over the pastry case, and layer the strawberries over the top of the creme fraiche.
- Gently heat the redcurrant jelly and 15ml of orange juice in a pan for 5 minutes, stirring continuously. When the jelly has melted, brush the mixture over the strawberries to glaze, and serve.
I followed the recipe almost exactly, but this didn't work for me. I only used half the orange zest, but it was still overpowering. And my creme fraiche must have been thinner than desirable, because the berries sunk into it - serving was a mess. Sorry -
i used strawberry jam instead and sour cream. it turned out great thanks .dee