Recipe by dicentra
Cooking Light Jan 2008.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Delicious! Loved the onions and bacon in this dish. I halved the recipe but shouldn't have since I forgot how much kale cooks down. Next time I'd go easy on the salt. Excellent and a wonderful way to serve kale which is so good for you. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 10 cups chopped kale, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 lemon wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 6 minutes or until onion is tender and begins to brown.
- Add 5 cups kale, 1/4 cup broth, salt, and peppers to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 4 minutes. Add remaining 5 cups kale and remaining 1/4 cup broth to pan.
- Cover and cook 16 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with lemon wedges.