Recipe by Mama Amy
Fast and delicious, this inexpensive and easy soup will warm anyone on a cold winter's day or anytime you need a fast and nutritious meal. Also very versatile as you can add the veggies your family enjoys.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 6 cups water
- 6 beef bouillon cubes or 6 teaspoons beef bouillon granules, i personally recommend western family brand if you can find it
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, i add more than this to your taste
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, peas, corn, carrots, beans
- serve with French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground beef, onion, garlic.
- Puree tomatoes in blender, or puree half and leave some in pieces.
- Put cooked beef, tomatoes, water, bouillon, and pepper in large pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to low; simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Add orzo and vegetables, simmer 15 more minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with French bread or crusty rolls!