Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy method of grilling trout without messing with filleting them.
- 4 rainbow trout
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Clean trout and remove heads.
- Preheat grill to searing temperature around 400 degrees.
- Coat outside of trout with oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on inside of trout.
- Add lemon juice to trout if desired.
- Reduce grill heat to medium or 250 degrees and place trout on grill.
- Trout cook quickly and should be flipped when grill side has just become white.
- Trout are finished when all meat is white and flaky (don't over cook).
- Serve trout immediately.
wonderful way to do trout, actually the only way!! Did them on my grill and they came out perfect, I took photos but they did not turn out well, so there is just one which dosn't do the recipe justice, they were delicious and i will be making them again, hopfully with better photo. thanks for posting.
Great way to grill, no sticking!