Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe substitutes ricotta cheese with tofu. Don't tell anyone, and they'll never know the difference! You can also add some meat-substitute (my favorite is Quorn grounds) to make what seems to be a meaty lasagna... and only you will know there's no meat in it!
- 1 lb soft tofu
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 39 ounces tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 8 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 cups low fat mozzarella
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine tofu, Parmesan, eggs, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lightly coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Spread about 1 cup of tomato sauce at the bottom of the pan. Arrange one layer of noodles on top.
- Spread with half the tofu mixture; top with half of the spinach, a third of the remaining sauce, and a third of the mozzarella. Repeat layers, ending with noodles, sauce, and mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30-35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
I have made this 4 or 5 times since I found the recipe. I will never make lasagna another way again. It is perfect and healthy compared with the usual. Awesome! I did add extra sauce and used firm tofu.
Ingenious...no one will have any idea that this has tofu in it!!
This was the first time I made lasagna, and it turned out perfect! I made a few minor changes, but overall I followed the recipe. I used silken extra-firm lite tofu. Also, the package for the no-boil noodles said to cook for 45-55 minutes, so I cooked this for 45. I used extra sauce (2 jars sundried tomato and basil) and only 8 ounces of mozzarella (one small brick, shredded). My whole family loved this, and I'll definitely be making it again.