Recipe by MarissaB
This recipe substitutes ricotta cheese with tofu. Don't tell anyone, and they'll never know the difference! You can also add some meat-substitute (my favorite is Quorn grounds) to make what seems to be a meaty lasagna... and only you will know there's no meat in it!
Top Review by sunana1
I have made this 4 or 5 times since I found the recipe. I will never make lasagna another way again. It is perfect and healthy compared with the usual. Awesome! I did add extra sauce and used firm tofu.
- 1 lb soft tofu
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 39 ounces tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 8 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 cups low fat mozzarella
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine tofu, Parmesan, eggs, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lightly coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Spread about 1 cup of tomato sauce at the bottom of the pan. Arrange one layer of noodles on top.
- Spread with half the tofu mixture; top with half of the spinach, a third of the remaining sauce, and a third of the mozzarella. Repeat layers, ending with noodles, sauce, and mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30-35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.