Recipe by zbigbass
A new twist on an old favorite! Feeds a family of 6-8, and is great on a cold winter night. I came up with this recipe when I was trying to get my husband to eat more family-style casserole dishes (he's not a fan of casseroles). I served it right out of the oven, bubbling hot, with a slice of crusty french bread and a small dinner salad. He ate three helpings and told me that I should definitely put "that one" in my recipe box.
Top Review by shylo8990
Super, super good! Huge hit with the kids too! Decided to top off with crushed tortilla chips, diced fresh tomato and more cheese in the last 15 minutes of baking. Really added that "taco" flavor!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sweet corn
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 4 cups macaroni noodles (cooked al dente)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (chopped or sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package directions for al dente, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside. In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, drain. Return meat mixture to skillet, stir dry taco seasoning mix into meat mixture along with water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occassionally, for 10 minutes. Add the corn, tomato soup, cheddar cheese and cooked macaroni noodles to the meat mixture and stir until well blended. Turn mixture into a greased, large oblong casserole dish. Cover, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly. You may add extra grated cheese to top the casserole, if you wish, during the last 15 minutes of baking time.