Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from a bag of flour.
Top Review by cookin mimi
This cake was quick and easy to make from ingredients I had on hand (always a plus!!) I used the cake as a base for turtle cake because I had no cake mix. It was a really good cake and I will make it again. Thanks for posting a great recipe, internetnut!!!
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fit wax paper in bottoms of two 9-inch layer pans.
- Place unsweetened chocolate, water and sugar in saucepan. Cook and stir (low heat) to form a smooth sauce. Set aside and cool.
- Place in large mixing bowl and blend on low speed, flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add butter and milk. Blend to moisten flour and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Blend in chocolate mixture. Add vanilla and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pans. Bake 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and peel off waxed paper.