Recipe by Mme M
This is a quick, even hastily prepared side dish. It goes well with Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and North African foods, and also amazingly well with curries. It's low cal, and fat-free.
Directions See How It's Made
- Open a large can of whole peeled tomatoes.
- Remove the tomatoes, and put them into a bowl.
- Pour the liquid from the can into a small saucepan.
- Add the salt, garlic and cumin.
- Cook this on medium heat, and reduce the amount by half.
- The sauce will thicken.
- Add the tomatoes, and heat them in the sauce.
- Serve immediately, or reheat just before serving.
- The longer the tomatoes can soak up the flavors, the better.
- You could add basil, or any herb.