Recipe by StrikingEyes00
Quick, Easy, and DELICIOUS! What more can you ask for from a warm and comforting bowl of fresh soup?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1 small celery rib, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice (spicy or regular)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook gently, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add celery and bell pepper; cook, stirring, until vegetables begin to soften, 3 minutes.
- Add drained chickpeas, chicken broth, and tomato juice. Cover; heat to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer gently until vegetables are soft, 10 minutes. Transfer soup to a blender; puree. Add salt and pepper to taste.