1/1 Photo of Quick Chicken Chili
Adapted from an Epicurious recipe. Serve with sour cream, and tortilla strips and avocado if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 14 ounces diced low-sodium tomatoes, with juice
- 3/4 cup onion (sliced or chopped)
- 3 dried New Mexico chiles, stems & seeds discarded and chiles torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can red beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pink beans
- 1Purée broth, tomatoes, chiles, onion, garlic, cilantro, seeds, cumin, and salt in a blender until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 2Heat oil in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then pour in sauce and boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, coarsely shred chicken.
- 4Stir chicken and beans (with juices) into chili, then reduce heat to moderately low and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.5
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 299.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 43.1 g