Top Review by sketchygrrl
This was so yummy! I didn't follow the amounts exactly, I used more rice, chicken, celery, nuts, onion, and had a 16 oz can of cream of chicken soup. However this was such a good use of leftovers and stuff I needed to use up (celery) and my husband LOVED it! I think even my 93 year old grandfather who has gotten picky in his old age would like this! I bet you could even use cream of celry soup or cream of potato if you wanted a milder flavor, the possibilities for tweaking this recipe are endless! I will definitely make again!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked
- 2 teaspoons onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, boiled, chopped
- 1 cup potato, crushed
- to taste chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine diced chicken, chopped celery and walnuts with rice. In separate pan, mix chicken soup, salt and pepper, lemon juice, mayonnaise and water.
- Add to chicken mixture. Gently stir in hard-cooked eggs.
- Turn mixture into a greased 9-inch casserole dish.
- Bake in very hot 450 degrees oven for 15 minutes, top with crushed potato chips and cook until mixture is bubbly (about 5 more minutes). **Can be made the day before and kept in refrigerator.
- Heat thoroughly before adding potato chips.
- **Leftover turkey can be substituted for chicken.