Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from epicurious.com, and it's a family favorite.
- 14 ounces chorizo sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups medium grain rice or 2 cups short-grain rice
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cooked chicken
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large oven-proof casserole or paella pan over high heat.
- Remove the casing from the chorizo, break into chunks and add to the pan. Cook until done. (Do not drain the oil).
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, paprika, saffron and bay leaves. Stir to combine and coat the rice.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and tomato, stir to combine.
- Transfer the pan to the oven.
- Cook uncovered until the rice is tender and no liquid remains, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and fluff with a fork.
This is my most favorite thing to eat and its so easy to make. I think I must make this at least 3 times a month. I don't have saffron, but it tastes just as good without it. This is definitely a family favorite in my home!!! Thanks so much for posting this recipe...DEEEEEEEEElicious!
I used diced tomatoes in the can and make a sauce with the garlic and onions first. I also add asparagus, artichokes, green beans, and mushrooms. I make mine in the skillet the whole way cover on the stove and not in the oven. I know it's not traditional. Great recipe!
This was very tasty. I only had long grain brown rice and should have cut down on the stock, it was a little too wet. But, it made a delicious meal anyway; thanks for posting.