Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really fast soup to make. A few ingredients and the perfect "homemade" feel when served with your favorite warm biscuits.
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) packages cajun-style rice, mix (Lipton,Store Brand)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 -3 cups water
- diced ham (optional) or sliced cooked sausage (optional) or shredded cooked chicken (optional)
- If the rice has already been prepared for an earlier meal-this is just a "heat n serve" soup BUT if you're starting from scratch --
- Pour broth,Cajun style rice mix,and water to a large pot (you may add more or less water if desired).
- Bring to a slow boil,Reduce heat.
- Cover and cook until the beans and orzo in the mix are tender.
- Add the meat if you are planning to add meat and cook a few more minutes just to let the flavors blend.
- Serve with your favorite warm biscuits.
- PS-you can always cut the recipe in half.