Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my *go to* icing recipe. Whether vegan or not, use this creamy icing for all sorts of baked goodies. Muffins, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls or bread, banana bread, carrot cake, or just plain cake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup earth balance vegan butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In mixer, cream together sugar, butter, soy milk, and vanilla.
- Beat until completely creamy and spreadable.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon more milk, if *drizzling* is desired, instead of spreading.
Absolutely a great basic icing recipe. I was short on the butter, (by half I think), and it still worked out really well. I used it to ice a batch of cupcakes (was ableto ice about 9 cupcakes really well). Thanks Andi!
This was a quick recipe to put together, and was convincing for both our vegan and non-vegan guests. I found that 2 tbsp of soy milk was too much - 1 tbsp was plenty for us. I wasn't in love with the grainy texture, but perhaps that's how it turns out with Earth Balance. Thanks for sharing this one!
I made this in a cherry flavor for my dad's birthday cake. It wasn't as "buttercreamy" as I expected from the name, but it was alright. It gets 4 stars because it stayed where it was spread (mostly) and didn't drip all over the place.