Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
This is my *go to* icing recipe. Whether vegan or not, use this creamy icing for all sorts of baked goodies. Muffins, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls or bread, banana bread, carrot cake, or just plain cake.
Top Review by magpie diner
Absolutely a great basic icing recipe. I was short on the butter, (by half I think), and it still worked out really well. I used it to ice a batch of cupcakes (was ableto ice about 9 cupcakes really well). Thanks Andi!
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup earth balance vegan butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In mixer, cream together sugar, butter, soy milk, and vanilla.
- Beat until completely creamy and spreadable.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon more milk, if *drizzling* is desired, instead of spreading.