Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my *go to* icing recipe. Whether vegan or not, use this creamy icing for all sorts of baked goodies. Muffins, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls or bread, banana bread, carrot cake, or just plain cake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup earth balance vegan butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In mixer, cream together sugar, butter, soy milk, and vanilla.
- Beat until completely creamy and spreadable.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon more milk, if *drizzling* is desired, instead of spreading.
Absolutely a great basic icing recipe. I was short on the butter, (by half I think), and it still worked out really well. I used it to ice a batch of cupcakes (was ableto ice about 9 cupcakes really well). Thanks Andi!
It was good. Wow. It was so easy to make frosting. And it taste good too. Thank you, really needed this for my brownies.
This was a quick recipe to put together, and was convincing for both our vegan and non-vegan guests. I found that 2 tbsp of soy milk was too much - 1 tbsp was plenty for us. I wasn't in love with the grainy texture, but perhaps that's how it turns out with Earth Balance. Thanks for sharing this one!