Recipe by Kerena
A recipe from Penzey's One Magazine. I haven't tried it yet but plan on it soon as my family loves Beef Burgundy and this is one I can do on a work night. Times are estimated.
Top Review by etully
We enjoyed this very much. I made one minor change due to family preferences. I used 1 and 3/4 cups beef broth and 1/4 cup wine instead of the 2 cups of wine. It's a forgiving recipe. I'm sure you could use all broth if that is more appealing to you. Thanks, Kerena for a recipe I will make again.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Burgundy wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Toss sirloin cubes in flour to coat.
- Heat olive oil in pan. Brown meat, being sure not to crowd the pan. You may need to do this in several batches.
- Put in onions and garlic.
- Add Burgundy and simmer until thickened.