Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy work night dinner that our whole family loves! I just add a bit more soy and veggies than the packet calls for, but this mix is great! Easy to make anywhere too- on the spot for a quick dish to take or even out camping (Nice alternative to hot dogs every night)!
- 2 lbs beef, for fajitas
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 2 (1 ounce) packages maggi seasoning, taste of asia beef and broccoli seasoning blend
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Brown beef in skillet. Remove.
- Whisk together water, soy sauce and seasoning mix. Set aside.
- Saute all veggies in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add beef and liquid to pan. Stir frequently-cook until liquid thickens up to desired consistency.
- Serve over rice.
Oh boy, does this ever hit the spot. I made it exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Very flavorful and the water chestnuts give it a nice crunch and texture (I cut the slices into quarters). The sauce is outstanding and hubby wants this dish to be a regular on our table. Thanks for yet ANOTHER great recipe, Mommy Diva!