Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I threw this together one night when we all got home quite late and we were all starving. I needed a fast dinner I could make almost immediately. It is very quick and the family loved it. My son named it. We now make it once a month or whenever we feel hungry but don't have time to cook a full dinner.
- 6 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) boxbarilla rotini pasta (curly noodles)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sour cream (depending on your taste. I used 3/4 c)
- Cook noodles and drain.
- While needles are cooking, saute the onion and mushrooms until soft and set aside.
- When noodles are done, drain well then add tomatoes, juice and all. Mix gently but well.
- Add onion and garlic powder and mix gently.
- Add onions and mushrooms and mix well.
- Combine mushroom soup and sour cream.
- Add to noodle mixture and mix gently but well.
- If you need to re-heat it, put on med. heat and stir gently, frequently until heated through but it iwll stick so watch it carefully. Or, you can transfer to a microwave safe bowl and heat on high until hot.
- Serve with a salad and biscuits.
This was good, but the tomatoes with the cream of mushroom and sour cream were a strange combination. Might try this with corn or other canned vegetable instead. Thanks for sharing!