Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a quick and delicious meal that I made up and make for my boys and they LOVE it! I like using Rao's Marinara Sauce that you can find in just about any food store but use whatever marinara sauce you like! I like to put lots of veggies in too. Use whatever veggies you and your family like.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, diced
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 12 ounces rao's marinara sauce, half a jar
- 1 lb pasta, any kind
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parmigiano (optional)
- Heat large, deep sided pan on medium to medium high heat.
- Coat bottom of pan with a couple tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat a large pot of water on high until boiling for the pasta.
- Once the oil starts to ripple but before it starts smoking, dump in the onions, mushrooms and red pepper flakes. Stir the pan occasionally.
- Once the onions start to soften and the mushrooms brown (about 5-7 minutes), season with salt and stir the pan.
- Now add the bell pepper and zucchini and stir the pan occasionally.
- Once the pepper and zucchini begin to soften, add in the garlic and season again with salt continuing to stir the pan occasionally.
- At this point, the pot of water should be boiling. Season the water liberally with salt and add the pasta. Cook to al dente.
- Once the garlic is very fragrant, stir in the ground beef and break it up into little pieces.
- Continue to cook until meat is browned all the way through.
- Stir in the marinara sauce. It will be pretty thick, so add in about 1/2 cup of pasta water to thin.
- Bring sauce to a boil, then cover, reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta and put in bowls.
- Once the sauce is done, pour over the pasta and then add some parmigiano cheese if you'd like!