Recipe by deborah.junger
I got this basic recipe from one here but adapted it and made it healthier and added a few things. This recipe is very easy to double and you can change different aspects to suit your tastebuds.
Top Review by SmoochCook
Oooh, not an easy recipe, as I had imagined it would be. They burned on top at 425 and I took them out after only 17 minutes. Very heavy, even after sifting. Sorry to say, but I won't be making these again.
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups baking mix (I use pioneer)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal (I use honey nut)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line muffin tin with paper liners.
- in a small bowl combine milk and oats; let soak for 15 minutes.
- in a seperate bowl, beat together egg and applesauce, stir in oatmeal mixture.
- In another bowl sift together baking mix, splenda, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and rasins.
- stir flour mixture into wet ingredients just until combined.
- spoon batter into prepared muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- sprinkle tops with your favorite grannola for an added crunch.
- bake for about 20 mins.