Recipe by Tara Simpson
This is a great soup for left over thanksgiving turkey! Very easy to make, and keeps wonderfully! This is my own recipe, hope you like it!
- 2 -3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 2 (3 7/8 ounce) boxes Chicken & Herb Classico Rice-A-Roni, savory whole grain blend
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup frozen corn (any variety)
- 1 cup milk, depending on consistency you like
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot.
- Prepare Rice a Roni as instructed on the box (add water as called for, I add a tiny bit of olive oil, not the entire amount that it calls for, you can do either).
- Once the water has started to boil, and rice is half cooked, I add the rest of my ingredients except the milk and parsley.
- Let everything come to a low boil and turn on low to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the rice is completely cooked.
- The rice will continue to absorb your liquids as it cooks, so right before I'm ready to serve I stir in enough milk to make it the consistency I like for soup (I prefer a thick soup!) and stir in the parsley for some color.
- Great with warm rolls or crackers!