Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the best baked spaghetti casseroles I have ever made that was so easy to put together. I am not sure where I got the recipe. My family and friends love this recipe. Serve with a nice loaf of garlic bread.
- 453.59 g angel hair pasta noodles
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml basil
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground pepper
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 283.49 g can cream of tomato soup
- 354.88 ml water
- 473.18 ml mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Prepare noodles according to directions on package.
- Drain well.
- In a large skillet, add beef, onion, peppers and garlic. Brown until pink is gone out of the beef. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the meat mixture with the soups, water, seasonings, and spaghetti noodles.
- Spray a 9x13 inch glass dish with Pam and spread mixture into dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- *Note: You may add Mozzarella cheese to the cheddar cheese for more of a cheesier bake.
I just wanted to say thank you for posting this recipe. It is exactly as the titles infers. I needed something different that was quick and that I could make from what I had on hand. This certainly worked. I served this today for lunch which is our main meal as hubby works 2nd shift. He made happy noises the whole time he was eating and he went back for seconds. I added hot Italian sausage along with the hamburger, mushrooms, the very little mozzarella that I had, some Parmesan and some pepper flakes. I asked hubby if he would eat it again and he replied with a resounding yes. He suggested the addition of black olives next time. Thank you again for sharing and this is one that stays in the recipe file.
I've made this a few times & enjoy changing up some of the ingredients. Usually I reduce the pasta, increase the beef & add in some finely chopped jalapeno pepper. For a variation, sometimes I add mushrooms, celery &/or broccoli. Enjoyed the flavours, thanks for sharing.
This was really good. I was craving some type of a spaghetti "thing" and found this today. Ran to the market to grab the makings, and had a wonderful supper. The family really enjoyed it. I added mushrooms, black olives and 1/2 packet of spaghetti seasoning, the McCormick kind. I used less pasta than called for but it was plenty. I'm thinking some sour cream next time?? Anyway, it filled my large temptations dish so I don't have to cook tonight! YIPPEE!! That always makes for a good day!! Thanks for a super duper recipe.