Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great weeknight dish, has all you need, some protein, some carbs, some veggies and tastes great. The dressing is so simple but captures the Thai flavour so well. I think I got this from the recipe page of Cosmo or some other trashy mag.
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil
- 250 g flank steaks, trimmed
- 100 g rice noodles (dried)
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, finely sliced
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- Heat oil in a pan and cook steak for two minutes each side. Set aside for five minutes, then slice into thin strips.
- Place noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for five minutes, or however long it says on the pack. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Place all ingredients except peanuts in a large bowl with dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve sprinkled with peanuts.