Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I make this often for just myself and my DH--especially when I have an abundance of garden cherry tomatoes. This recipe will serve two people but may easily be doubled. I have listed 3 cups uncooked pasta, but you may adjust amount to taste or double the recipe if desired. Plan ahead--the tomato mixture needs to be chilled for a few hours before adding to the pasta to allow the tomatoes to create their own juice and the flavors to blend. You can mix the tomato mixture up in the morning to serve for dinner or even before you leave to work. All amounts may be adjusted to suit taste. The artichokes are only optional, but I like to add them in for a flavor boost. If I have any leftover cooked chicken or turkey I throw it in also. Serve this with crusty bread :)
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- fresh coarse black pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups uncooked rotini pasta (or to taste) or 3 cups penne pasta (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a bowl combine the cherry tomatoes with artichokes (if using) fresh basil, garlic and olive oil; toss well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the tomato mixture with mozzarella cheese; toss to combine.
- Season with more black pepper.
- Divide into two bowls then sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
So simple and full of flavor. Made for 123 hits and so glad I did. Another keeper, Kitten.
I really loved this dish! My husband was out of town so I thought this would be the perfect dish to make for the kids and I since DH only wants pasta served with meat, seafood or chicken. This was like a cheesy bruschetta pasta and we devoured it! My four year old ate only the pasta and my 2 year old ate everyone's tomatoes (and no pasta!) and I ate the full on mixture! Bursting with flavor and I only let the mixture chill for 1.5 hours. I did not add artichokes since I didn't feel the kids would like them. I used more tomatoes and a bit more garlic. Added plenty of salt and pepper and used mini piccolini pasta since it was the perfect size for the little ones and didn't require any cutting up. WONDERFUL!! Not many dishes satisfy both of my kids...but this one sure did! Thanks for another winner Kit!
Loved this!! The tomatoes, artichokes and fresh basil mix was perfect!! next time I will make this a few hours before - I only let it marinate for about one hour. this was quick, fresh and real tasty! Thanks Kit! :)