1/2 Photos of Quick and Easy Pasta Toss
I make this often for just myself and my DH--especially when I have an abundance of garden cherry tomatoes. This recipe will serve two people but may easily be doubled. I have listed 3 cups uncooked pasta, but you may adjust amount to taste or double the recipe if desired. Plan ahead--the tomato mixture needs to be chilled for a few hours before adding to the pasta to allow the tomatoes to create their own juice and the flavors to blend. You can mix the tomato mixture up in the morning to serve for dinner or even before you leave to work. All amounts may be adjusted to suit taste. The artichokes are only optional, but I like to add them in for a flavor boost. If I have any leftover cooked chicken or turkey I throw it in also. Serve this with crusty bread :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- fresh coarse black pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups uncooked rotini pasta (or to taste) or 3 cups penne pasta (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a bowl combine the cherry tomatoes with artichokes (if using) fresh basil, garlic and olive oil; toss well to combine.
- 2Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Cover and chill for a minimum of 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
- 4Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain and place in a large bowl.
- 5Add in the tomato mixture with mozzarella cheese; toss to combine.
- 6Season with more black pepper.
- 7Divide into two bowls then sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Pasta Toss
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1136.8
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 551.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 42.2 g