Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pansit is a traditional Filipino dish similar to pad thai. Courtesy of Cooking Light.
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice sticks
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, presliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, matchstick-cut
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to pan; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add chicken, carrots, peas and beans; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper and noodles. Serve immediately.
wow this was great, I did a few amount adjustments, even my son's Philippino fiance loved this, thanks for sharing!
Very good! Pairs well with Lumpia. I will be making this again.
Very easy, light supper. I added some nigella seeds for effect and used a mushroom/soy sauce. Very nice, we'll be having this again.