Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Submitted from my blog, http://validgeek.com - So you want to try to make your own pasta sauce, huh? That’s great! Its not as intimidating as you might think, and you can make it taste exactly the way you want it to! From start to finish this one only took me 35 minutes. The best part is, as far as I can tell, its no PointsPlus depending on the canned tomatoes you buy!
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Start off by adding your oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil heats up, add your onions and garlic. Cook until the onions turn translucent and the garlic becomes fragrant, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low-medium and add the rest of your ingredients and mix well. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ta-da! You now have pasta sauce! Anything can be added, subtracted, or substituted to suit your taste. Just make sure to TASTE WHILE YOU COOK to make sure everything is going to turn out how you like it.