Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so easy--great for busy lunch or dinner--also good for baby sitting.
- 1 (5 2/3 ounce) packagelipton rice and sauce mix (chicken flavor)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup canned chicken, drained
- In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except the chicken. Bring to a boil; continue to boil over a medium heat stirring occasional for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and heat through. Serve.
The flavor of this soup is really good. I did have leftovers and put those in the fridge. I was afraid the rice/pasta would soak up the liquid and I should have listened to myself, because by golly that is exactly what happened. Next time I will strain the leftover broth and place it in a separate container so that we can have soup again instead of a rice side dish, LOL.