Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This quiche will be enjoyed by those who prefer a custard style filling. It's my own creation - one that's very flavorful, yet light on the palate. A great Brunch dish.
- 1 9 inch pie shell (found in the dairy case at your grocer)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese (brick style only)
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon (chopped and pat dry)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach or 1 (10 ounce) package broccoli, squeezed dry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream or 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms, onion, and garlic in butter until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese in pie crust evenly.
- Top with mushroom mixture, crumbled bacon and spinach.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, cream, Tabasco and nutmeg; pour into pie crust.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake 50-55 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving warm.
- Chef's Comments: Do not substitute ingredients.