1 hr 10 mins
Dedee Royale's Note:
This quiche will be enjoyed by those who prefer a custard style filling. It's my own creation - one that's very flavorful, yet light on the palate. A great Brunch dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9 inch pie shell (found in the dairy case at your grocer)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese (brick style only)
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon (chopped and pat dry)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach or 1 (10 ounce) package broccoli, squeezed dry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream or 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms, onion, and garlic in butter until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle Swiss cheese in pie crust evenly.
- 4Top with mushroom mixture, crumbled bacon and spinach.
- 5In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, cream, Tabasco and nutmeg; pour into pie crust.
- 6Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- 7Bake 50-55 minutes.
- 8Let cool 10 minutes before serving warm.
- 9Chef's Comments: Do not substitute ingredients.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche Dolores
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 876.5
- Calories from Fat 644
- Total Fat 71.5 g
- Saturated Fat 38.5 g
- Cholesterol 403.8 mg
- Sodium 794.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 33.0 g