Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup diced cooked ham or 1 cup bacon
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 dash cayenne
- Mix all filling ingedients in a bowl; set aside.
- Crust: cream together cheese, butter and cayenne. Wrap and chill for 1 hour. Form into muffins tins, pour filling into each tin 3/4 way. Bake on middle rack at 400 for 12 to 15 minute.
- You can freeze them!
I only used the filling portion and it was great!
I love the ingredients but did not want it in a muffin format. I made it in a pie pan on 375 degrees for 40 minutes. It was great!
This TRULY is scrumptious. Frankly, I hadn't had quiche in years and had forgotten how good they could be. I'll definitely make this again and again. I had some leftover almond pastry (Kittencal's Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust with 1/2 cup of sliced almonds added in the food processor with the dry ingredients) from my Thanksgiving pie and pressed it into two 4-inch springform pans. I didn't have the exact ingredients for the filling, so substituted 1/2 cup of light cream for the milk, swiss cheese for the cheddar, and fresh oregano from my garden for the parsley. Yummy!