Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This has been a Christmas morning tradition in our family for over 25 years. It's great with champagne on a cold (or warm) Christmas morning.
- Sprinkle cheese & bacon in pie crust. (I cook the bacon & grate the cheese the night before so it's easier on Christmas morning.).
- At this point you can add 1 10 oz pkg of chopped spinach (thawed & squeezed dry) or 1 small can of sliced mushrooms (drained), or use your imagination. (I usually make at least 2 on Christmas & so the variations were born.).
- Mix together remaining ingredients & pour over cheese (& whatever else you may have added).
- Bake in 375 deg oven for 50 minutes until firm & slightly browned. Test with a toothpick.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
I thought this was delicious and very easy to make. I omitted the spinach option; but will add it on the next go around.