Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
When Im in the mood to stuff my face (and not feel too guilty about it), this is one of my favorite things to make. Its fast, easy, and family-approved. My 5 year old and non-vegan husband are always fighting over the last piece!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon refined coconut oil (optional)
- 2 (9 -10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 5 ounces soy cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup black beans or 1⁄3 cup pinto beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup guacamole
- If using, spread coconut oil on one side of each tortilla then lay (oil side down) on a work surface.
- Covering only half of each tortilla and leaving a 1-inch border around the edge, arrange cheese, beans, and 2 tablespoons of the salsa, dividing evenly.
- Fold the tortillas in half and cook in a skillet over medium heat, covered, until golden brown- about 4 minutes.
- Flip the quesadillas and cook, uncovered, another 2 minutes or until the second side is golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Transfer to plates, top with guacamole and use remaining salsa as dip!