Recipe by KMOM14
One our favorite dishes at a local restaurant is Quattro Formaggi but as the last time we went their it ran around $13 a plate. I searched the internet and found dozens of recipes and this was my attempt to try to copy it. Quattro Formaggi means "four cheese" in Italian, but I used the Italian Blend Fancy Shredded Blend from Walmart and it contains six cheeses (Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, Romano, Fontina and Asiago so that would be where the "plus" in the title comes in, but you could use equal parts of what ever cheeses you would like to equal 1 cup total.
- 1 box barilla medium pasta shell
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) box half-and-half
- 1 (8 ounce) bagof walmart fancy shredded Italian cheese blend (or equal parts of any 4-6 cheese that you like to equal 1 cup)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook according to directions on the box. When done, drain and place in an oven safe bow and mix in the margarine. Place in oven on low heat to keep it warm.
- Slowly warm the Half-and-Half on medium heat and add the slowly add the cheese. Once all of the cheese is added, add the nutmeg. Continue to cook until the all of the cheese is melted.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and serve.