Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ham salad ... nothing like store bought... one of my hunny's concoctions... it is a favorite around here especially for my 98 year old mother in law who lives with us...ham is her absolute favorite...he says the measurements are approximate and he changes with the wind...he is a taste as he goes chef....you should adjust according to your taste...
- 3 cups ham
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- combine all ingredients in no particular order.
- refrigerate for about an hour and serve however you would like.
- it is great as a sandwich filling.
- The ham should be finely chopped.
- the mayo/salad dressing is to taste.
- the onion is diced.
- the garlic is minced.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Hurray! A new salad for DH to have for lunch sometimes! He's happy and so am I. He doesn't like mayo or vinegar type dressings much, so this was a wonderful discovery for us. I might try the dressing on chicken---if I do, I'll let you know how we liked it. Thanks.
This was very good, and just enough different from the way I normally make ham salad to make it worthwhile! I did add 2 hard boiled eggs, and used sweet pickles rather than pickle relish, just because of personal preferences. I will definitely make this one again! Thanks for posting!