Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have a really cool cookbook called "The Washington Cookbook" which is a compilation of recipes from Washington state compiled in 1982. This is a wild game recipe I have never tried posted in response to a request from the wild game forum. The original recipe calls for simply "flour & salt" with no measurement so the 1 cup flour is a guess. If you make this please let me know so that I can change it to the appropriate amount. Prep time is approximate.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour and salt (more salt to taste).
- Split the birds down the back and dust them lightly with the flour and salt mix.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and place the birds skin side down. Turn over and sautee until they are brown on both sides.
- Place the birds in a large casserole with a lid. Chop the mushrooms and add them, along with the parsley, to the top of the birds.
- Pour in enough wine to cover the birds half-way. Cover.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- To serve, spoon the wine gravy over the top.